Vienna in March is a chilly place but the wonderful café culture means that there are lots of cakes, coffees and whipped cream to make you quite glad it's cold/snowy outside. I couldn't make it this year unfortunately but they screened my film Shadow Stories so I was there in spirit.
Last year the organisers at Tricky Women got together with St Pölten University (outside Vienna) to run an animation summer school. This year they're doing it again and I shall be running an animated documentary workshop as part of it over 5 days, 6-10 July 2013. It costs €390/300 per course (depending on the length). The University is by a lake and according to Lizzy Hobbs (who ran a workshop there last year and will be doing so again this year) it's very pretty. And sunny!
|Photo by Lizzy Hobbs|
- Animate WHAT HOW and WHY – Your short with After Effects (Barbara Musil)
- Animated Documentary (Samantha Moore)
- Animated Sounds – Sounding Animation (Christian Halten)
- Bringing Objects to Life: 3D-Character-Animation with MAYA (Carla Heinzel)
- Classical Drawing (Ida Hyllested)
- Colliding Life and Animation – filmed movement and mark-making (Magali Charrier)
- Dreamwords – Storytelling für Animation (Beate Ehrmann)