Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Busy year

OK so now begins the final year of my PhD study. Eek!

I can't believe it's gone so quickly, my plans for huge ambitious projects have been whittled down into manageable chunks and I've had to reassess a lot of my assumptions about the way I work, what I'm doing and what I want to do in the future.

Image from my prosopagnosia work
So now the work I've been doing with people with prosopagnosia (face blindness) and phantom limb syndrome is coming to a conclusion of sorts and it's time for me to write up the research I've been doing. 40,000 words seems like ... a lot. 

Part of my reading list...
All those books. The trouble I have is that once I have got the book I tend to think that somehow (by osmosis?) I have actually read them ... 

Anyway, from February I shall be on sabbatical from teaching and getting down to writing in earnest.



2 comments:

Richard Phelan said...

Good luck with all the writing Sam!

I wish I could read by osmosis, it would justify the mountain of books I can't stop buying. (they all have such pretty covers and sound so interesting!)

Jamie Cartwright said...

That's enough books to fill a library! You'll be left sleeping at night just seeing words on the inside of your eye lids. Best of luck. You can do it!