Monday, 21 December 2009

Berlinale Talent Campus


Blimey, I've been offered a place on the Berlinale Talent Campus. I applied a few months ago, as it seems I am incapable of knowingly letting a deadline slide by without bunging in an application (it explains so many of my career choices), but with no real expectation of getting anywhere.

The Berlinale Talent Campus has been running since 2003, and is held alongside the prestigious Berlin International Film Festival (also called the Berlinale). The talent campus is meant to be for up and coming film makers, cinematographers, editors, film critics, actors etc. It's a huge brain-storming, networking extravaganza of master classes, talks, workshops and creative buzziness. There's no age limit (which is good), and they choose 350 people from around 5000 applicants worldwide. See, that whole paragraph just terrifies me to read back.

However, this is such an amazing opportunity, I have to go for it. I sent along a clip from An Eyeful of Sound as part of my application, which is very heartening, so someone likes it. I'll pack industrial quantities of Rescue Remedy, and a lot of showreels. If anyone has participated in the Talent Campus, or has any advice, it will be gratefully received!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi
I attended back in 2006 and wrote a rant with my experiences & advice... have a read here:
http://www.musicofsound.co.nz/blog/berlinale-talent-campus-the-good-the-bad-the-absent
regards
tim