Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Thinking about festivals

I'm beginning to think about festival entries, looking at the deadlines for festivals we'd want to screen at, wondering whether sending a rough cut now is a wise idea or whether waiting til next year and the final version is sorted would be better.

Once a rough cut of a film has been rejected from a festival you (usually) can't apply with it for the next year, even if it's finished and all lovely. I'm looking at Encounters Short film festival and Sheffield Docfest to send rough cuts to.

The thing is, even if we don't get in, the film will still have been wrangled into a decent shape and it is a good kick up the bum. If such a thing can be good.

1 comment:

Danny Stack said...

Sigh, I share your predicament at this very moment.