Tuesday, 5 May 2009

Cottony sounds

I am tearing my hair out here a bit, working with the opening sounds to the second section. Because the film is divided into three, the middle bit deals with a more scientific view of synaesthesia, relying mainly on interviews with Dr Jamie Ward of the University of Sussex.

At the start of this section there are the "warm and cottony" sounds which Adam Goddard, the composer describes in my post 'Music Collaboration'. I've sent them to our interviewees to get some feedback on how they react to the sounds but I need more! If you have any thoughts on the synaesthetic veracity of these images with these sounds together I would appreciate hearing them!

In the meantime I will continue drawing scratchy cotton wool balls and bouncing them round a white board...

No comments: